Inaugural Serology Workshop 2017
August 24 @ 8:45 am - 5:15 pm
RCPAQAP Serology 1 Day Workshop
Serology back to basics
Join us for a one day workshop designed to revisit the how, why, when, what and where of Serology. To re-iterate the importance of Serology in the pathology world. This course may be used as a competency training tool.
Early career scientists, scientists wanting to brush-up their basic skills, and senior scientists wanting to gather information to assist in mentoring junior staff.
- Immune system – antibodies and antigens
- Fundamentals of serology testing – ELISA/CFT/IFA/POCT
- Role of automation – who, what, why, how, where & when
- Screening, supplementary and confirmatory tests
- Testing algorithms
- Role of QC versus QA
- Result interpretation
- Result notification to Public Health Unit
Available on Monday, 12th June 2017
Workshop & Networking Drinks
The workshop will run all day, followed by drinks until 6:30pm.